Mazel tov on your upcoming wedding! Finding the right officiant is essential to having the ceremony of your dreams. Please feel free to call (610-356-5165) or email me with any questions.
All Couples are Welcome
If you are looking for a personalized, progressive Jewish ceremony rooted in our sacred texts and meaningful rituals, you have come to the right place! I happily officiate for interfaith and same-sex couples.
The Role of the Officiant
I see my role as officiant as bringing meaning, translation, and sensitivity to your ceremony. As we work together to craft your ceremony, I'll help you explore a variety of rituals and readings that speak to the marriage and home you want to create.
I work hard to ensure that everyone attending your wedding is able to appreciate the beauty in our traditions and understand the rituals and blessings that you have chosen to enrich your ceremony.
My fee includes:
- A customized, personalized wedding ceremony that reflects you and the marriage you hope to create
- A minimum of three 60-90 minute sessions, either in-person or on Skype/FaceTime
- Pre-marital counseling
- Examples of progressive Jewish liturgy and readings
- Wide selection of traditional and modern Jewish wedding music for you to explore
- Consultations with your other vendors, as needed, to coordinate Jewish music, rituals, and ritual objects
Contact me to set up a time to talk about your ideal ceremony. I look forward to speaking with you!
- "Cantor Marx helped make our wedding day a wonderful experience for us and our guests. It was warm, welcoming, and wonderful. His communication prior to the ceremony was clear and helpful. We could not have picked a better person to officiate our wedding. Thank you Cantor Marx for a wonderful wedding day!"
-- Monika F.
- "We are so lucky to have had Cantor Marx be a part of our special day! His modern, yet traditional style was perfect for our Jewish wedding as an interfaith couple. I couldn't be happier with how our ceremony played out, but our wonderful experience with Jamie started many months beforehand over the course of several skype chats. In addition to having him officiate our ceremony, we also did premarital counseling with a few extra conversations to go over any questions that we had. I feel like we learned so much during the planning process thanks to Cantor Marx and we were able to really enjoy our day because of his professionalism and talent. I can wholeheartedly recommend having Cantor Jamie Marx officiate your wedding, ours wouldn't have been the same without him."
-- Bryce F.