Frequently Asked Questions
Why should we choose a parody of Hamilton?
Few shows on Broadway have cast as large a shadow in recent years as Hamilton, so choosing a Hamilton Purim spiel gives you an engaging and relevant theme for your community. The music is uplifting and exciting, and will be familiar to many of your congregants, particularly since the show has opened in Chicago and San Francisco. The story of the American revolution and our struggle for freedom from tyranny echoes many of the themes from the Book of Esther.
I have carefully selected songs and even sections of songs to parody that are accessible, memorable, and fun!
How many characters are there? How long is it? Is there room for ensemble cast members?
Esther: A Persian Musical runs approximately one hour, features nine songs from the show, and has eight speaking roles (five leads and three supporting roles) and room for an extensive ensemble.
What's included with my purchase?
- Two copies of the script are included: one version with dialogue and song lyrics only, the other formatted with the fully notated piano-vocal scores instead of plain-text song lyrics.
- Performance-ready accompaniment (karaoke) tracks
- Recordings of the rapped sections of songs
- A professionally-designed promotional poster, printable on a standard 8.5" x 11" page with whitespace at the bottom so that you can customize it with your production details.
- A license for unlimited copies of the script and sheet music. One license per organization per production, please.
Sounds great! How do I BUY IT?
Purchasing Esther: A Persian Musical is simple, fast and 100% digital. The website accepts all major credit cards and the confirmation email will include a link to download a ZIP file with all of the materials. Within minutes, you will be downloading the posters, MP3s, and PDF scripts in one convenient digital package. Just click the "Add to Cart" button to the right!
Can THE SONGS BE transposeD?
Yes! All songs and accompaniment tracks can be individually transposed to the key of your choice. I charge a nominal fee of $10 per transposition, whether it is for a song or an accompaniment track. Please email me with any requests.